Tuesday, November 25, 2008

New Albums


I currently have some ENTIRE ALBUMS circulating on my playlist right about now..don't you love when the WHOLE album is good as opposed to buying a CD and only liking the single and maybe one or two other tracks??

Right now in rotation I have Kanye West's 808's & Heartbreak, The Killers' Day & Age, Death Cab for Cutie's Narrow Stairs, and Kings of Leon's Only by the Night. I mean, it's not just one or two songs but each and every song on these albums are really really good.

What I feel these albums have in common are that they are different then the albums prior, and I feel that the music and lyrics are evolving. The artists have taken steps forward and are working towards breaking new ground. And I know that not everyone will agree with me, but I applaud these artists for doing what they do. As cheesy as it may sound, I feel that they have poured their blood, sweat & tears into the creative process that went into these albums and it reflects in the music.

I'd love to know what you think, so check em out and get back to me!


Standout tracks:
Street Lights, Robocop, Heartless, Amazing, See You in My Knightmares


Standout tracks:
Losing Touch, Human, Joy Ride, A Crippling Blow


Standout tracks:
Cath..., No Sunlight, I Will Possess Your Heart, You Can Do Better Than Me


Standout tracks:
Closer, Use Somebody, Sex on Fire, Revelry, I Want You


- jv

No comments: